FIREFIGHTING TECHNOLOGY FOR EV BATTERY FIRES
The new Rosenbauer Battery Extinguishing System Technology (BEST) is a patented system specifically designed for safe, efficient, and fast extinguishing of lithium-ion, high-voltage batteries in electric vehicles. The piercing nozzle directly injects water into battery modules to rapidly cool ‘thermal runaway’ fires.
BATTERY EXTINGUISHING SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY (BEST)
EV vehicles behave much differently than vehicles with conventional drive systems in many ways such as in event of an accident, faulty charging, etc. The Rosenbauer BEST is able to penetrate the battery housing no matter the material type or thickness. The objective is to cool the battery modules as quickly as possible to stop the fire at its source.
- The extinguishing unit is positioned underneath the electric vehicle. Alternatively, it may be secured to the vehicle or other access points when necessary.
- The operating unit triggers the piercing nozzle to penetrate the battery housing at a safe distance from the fire. Immediately after penetration, the battery housing is flooded with extinguishing water.
HELMETS MADE FOR FIREFIGHTERS, BY FIREFIGHTERS
When you come face to face with the most challenging job, you want to be primed and ready to tackle whatever stands in your way. Introducing the HEROS Titan Pro. Technology, toughness and endurance all wrapped into one. Rosenbauer’s HEROS Titan Pro helmets protect the lives of hundreds of thousands of emergency crews all over the world. No matter the situation or the environment, the HEROS Titan Pro delivers maximum protection, combining safety and comfort to give you peace of mind through any job.
THE KEY FEATURES OF THE HEROS TITAN PRO
- Shock Absorbing Impact Cap
- Ergonomically Shaped Helmet Shell
- Excellent Stability
- Optimized Center of Gravity
- Optional Helmet Mounted Dimmable Light Available (120/90/15 Lumens)
- Easy External Size Adjustment With Gloved Hand
|SIZE RANGE||6 ⅛ to 8 ¼ with one shell|
|TEMPERATURE RESISTANT||-40° to +572° F|
|HELMET INCLUDES||Neck protector, face shield, eye protector, helmet trims|
ROSENBAUER REMOTE-CONTROLLED FIRE EXTINGUISHING ROBOT
The RTE gives fire departments the ability to remotely extinguish fires without exposing personnel to dangerous situations. With a compact width of 31.5” the RTE fits within standard doorways and other compact spaces. Electric drive allows for more dependability compared to internal combustion as well as high torque for increased towing capacity. The RTE is capable of approximately 6 miles of range depending on payload, operation, and setting. Integrated LED lights and acoustic warning sounds help identify the robot in low visibility situations.
GLOROS T1 GLOVES
The new GLOROS T1 gloves were specially developed for use in technical rescue operations. Certified according to EN 388, they offer the best protective properties against mechanical dangers like punctures, cuts and abrasions. Whether it’s work on vehicles involved in accidents or other fire fighting activities, GLOROS T1 gloves are the right glove for your protection. While not designed for use in fire operations, GLOROS T1 gloves offer a basic protection against contact heat up to 482 °F (250 °C). Benefits include:
- Maximum Wearing Comfort With Optimal Grip, Thanks To Finger Folds, Intermittent Silicone Coating On The Palm And Neoprene Inserts On The Knuckles
- Cut-Resistant Insert Made Of Kevlar®
- Size 6-13 Available
- Weight Of 7 Oz